LeSuperDemon (Mexico)

LeSuperDemon (Mexico)

Le Super Demon ? But...this is the kind of scary nickname that sounds strangely french ?! Well, why not afterall, but this SuperDemon is from Mexico and if Demon (devil) he is, this is surely because of his demoniacal skills to draw as well on paper than on walls in the streets, cars or whatever may find its way to him. Check out his blog, drawings for scholars books are stunning !

Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question:  what are we listening to when we come to visit you?

rock and roll!!!

Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

Well, I was born in Mexico City, my name is Raúl Sisniega, but I work under the pseudonym LeSuperDemon.
I like to draw, a lot, and that's what I do for a living.

When did you start drawing?

5 years old or so.

Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?

When I was a kid I started on schoolbooks. Then my parents gave me some markers and a notebook. But that was it. Later I took some courses when I was at the university, I studied Graphic Design, and got some drawing and geometry lessons there.

Today are you living from your art, or do you do something else for a living ?

Fortunately, drawing and painting is the only way I get some money.

Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly?

Not really. Eventhough I have been drawing all my life, it's been no more than two years since I started to think of drawing as a way of life.

So, I'm kind of strating my career. Nowadays I'm working for the Public Education Secretary in Mexico City, doing illustrations for e-books and illustrated didactic materials.But i aslo do mural painting and animation

Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences?

Music. TV. Nature. Geometry. Anatomy.

Artists I like, in no particular order: Jean Michel Basquiat, MCEscher, Roa, Os Gemeos, Dr. Alderete, Hanna-Barbera, and that's waht I can mention now.

What are the principal steps in your work ?

Thinking. Mind traveling. Sketching. Materializing.

Do you do everything by hand or on computer?

A little bit of both.

How long does it take you to do a poster?

Honestly. I've never taken account of the time I spend doing my job. But i would say, no more than 15 hours.

You have a very distinctive style, are you doing only what you feel like or if tomorrow somebody asks you an oil painting with horses running out of water with a sunset backdrop, is it a problem or are you up for it ?

Definitely I always do what I like the most. I take suggestions from bands and customers, but in the end it's me who I'm trying to please with the final result of the image construction.

For which band have you already worked for?

Only local bands from Mexico City: Jesus on Dope, Drugster Monster, Powertrip, and many more.

For which band would you love to work?

Actually, any band who likes the things I draw, but in a more "romantic" perspective, I would definitely love to work with The Mars Volta or Electric Wizard.

Do you choose the artists yourself?

Firste they choose me, Then I decide if I'm the correct guy to design their poster.

What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?

Choosing between ideas. Where to go, which way to take. Mind stuff only.

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?

Not at all.

A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?

Jaja, Ok, On the web you can check my blog: lesuperdemon.blogspot.com There youc an sees images o walls I have painted here in Mexico City, Flyers, Illustrations, animations, and that kind of stuf.

The best praise you received lately?

" It looks as if you have escaped from a mental institution, with your red overalls and your messy hair"

What can we wish you for the future?

Lots of drawing, tons of painting!

Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!

Thank you for showing interest!

Greetings!

Can't wait to see the post!

Learn to make a poster SuperDemon style :













Misc. flyers :





Aucun commentaire: