Gigposters.com (Clay Hayes) (CDN/ Worldwide)

Gigposters.com (Clay Hayes) (CDN/ Worldwide)

If you visit regulary this blog, I have no doubt you know about gigposters.com, you might arrive directly ftom the site indeed. For those of you wondering what gigposters.com is, first click on the link, and you will see the most impressive collection of rock posters archived by bands, designers, city or venue, a forum, rates tools, etc, etc… You understood, the site is the paradise for any rock art lover. Every artists is welcome to show his talent and the number of designers, as weel as the number of posters online, are growing everyday. It has become huge and completly impossible to miss for the addicts like me. But behind this impressive site is one canadian guy, and his team you will learn to know a little bit more thanx to the interview he agreed to answer for the blog. We manage to have him on the site few days before the releasing of Gigposters volume 2 book, thanx a lot Clay !!!!


Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?


I'm stuck in the 90's ;) Jawbreaker, Seaweed, Knapsack, Jealous Sound

Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I am the computer-guy behind GigPosters.com

When and how did you enter the poster world ?

I played in a band for about 10 years, and collected the posters (flyers) from my shows. I started the site to share the posters I had, and to see what else was out there.

Today are you living from your passion, or do you do something else for a living ?

Well, I lived the passion for 8 of the last 10 years running GigPosters.com full-time. I recently started a real, full-time job because I needed the steady income. Thanks to many helpers, the site shall continue on.

When did you start gigposter and what was the idea at the beginning ?

The site launched in Jan, 2001 and it was just for fun. Word of mouth traveled fast, and the site exploded into what you see today.

10 years later how would you define gigposters ?

Gig Posters are advertisements for live musical events. They capture the attention of the fan, and bring them to the gigs.

What are you proud about regarding the site ?

I am so proud of the amazing community that has grown over the years and supported me. It really is a dream come true to be behind it.

Are you a collector yourself ?

I now have thousands of these amazing works of art. Addicting, huh?

If so, what is your top 5 artists and top 5 posters ever ?

Sorry, but part of my job is to treat each and every poster and designer equally on the site, so I'm not allowed to have favorites.

Are you, at the moment, working on new features for the site ?

Always - the site grows and changes all the time.

How many people are working with you ? What are they doing ?

Just me, and a few volunteer moderators to help the forums stay in check.

You have the best viewpoint on the international poster scene, how do you see it evolve ?

It is growing more and more every day! The quality and popularity is skyrocketing!

According to you, what can we expect for the future ?

I am super excited to see what is next. The posters just keep getting better and better, and from more and more places around the world. I love to see it grow.

The best praise you received lately?

I am the proud author of 2 books - my newest is coming out on November 1st. The press is just starting to roll in.. and there will be much more soon.
http://www.gigposters.com/book/

Regarding this volume 2, what is new compare to volume 1 ?


101 fantastic new designers! Over 700 amazing posters.

How did you choose the designers presented in this second edition ?

These designers represent 101 more of the amazing, diverse designers from GigPosters.com. There are over 10,000 designers on the site.

Did you choose the posters yourself or did you ask the artist to choose their favorites own ones ?

The designers submitted the posters they wanted to include, and I worked with the publisher to narrow them down to the ones included in the book.

Do you already have an idea for gigposters 3 ?

I would love to continue releasing volumes of books with the same format. There are so many amazing designers on GigPosters.com that deserve recognition.

Calendars, playing cards, can we expect new products around gigposters for...let's say...Chrismas ?

There should be a super-limited-edition GigPosters.com 10th Anniversary Art Print set being released before the end of the year. Keep an eye out for it!
What can we wish you for the future?

I won't be going anywhere - here's to 10 more years of amazing posters!

Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!

Aucun commentaire: