Budi Bubee (Indonesia)

Budi Bubee (Indonesia)

Thanx to Ican Harem I think that you are now able to place Indonesia on the Rock Poster World Map. Was it a one shot ? Not at all, as he was explaining in his interview, Ican Harem have also some friends with good drawing skills. And Budi Bubee is not the less impressive one ! Check by yourself and keep in mind the guy is, in the meantime, working in a farm ! Welcome Budi, you deserve your place here! Definitly !!…




Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?

Now I enjoy lstening Scarling, Diva Destruction, Persephone, and still listen to hardcore bands like Refused, Have Heart, Break Us Down and Gerbang Singa.

Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

I’am Budi Bubee 23 years old, I come from a small village called Macanmati from Indonesia country, still finishing school in Indonesia Art Institute of Yogyakarta, still drawing, farming and hunting for animal's skull

When did you start drawing?

From the moment I feel like to drawing

Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?

No, There are no courses or anything like that

Today are you living from your art, or do you do something else for a living ?

Yes. Maybe now it’s very helpful for my own life but, but I still go to farm

Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly?

For now, there is no

Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences?

From my collection of skulls and daily routine, my have a lot of artists that I like, one of them is Angryblue, they very influence on my perspective

What are the principal steps in your work ?

Expressive, quick, dirty, and free

Do you do everything by hand or on computer?

First, I doing the manual and then I paint it with a computer, but there are also all on computers

How long does it take you to do a poster?

Depending on the needs, could be in a matter hours, it could be within days

You have a very distinctive style, are you doing only what you feel like or if tomorrow somebody asks you an oil painting with horses running out of water with a sunset backdrop, is it a problem or are you up for it ?

It does’t matter, as long as I still use styles

For which band have you already worked for?

for the merch stuff, I do BREAK US DOWN, GERBANG SINGA, SERIGALA MALAM, A.O.T.F, REASON TO DIE, and cover for Break Us Down.

For which band would you love to work?

Maybe Refused or Voodoo Church

Do you choose the artists yourself?

I guess not, because I like various genres

What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?

The composition of shapes and colors

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?

I think, I'm not part of them

A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?

On my blog http://budibubee.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/bee4die

My fb : Budi bubee and follow me too @BudiBubee

The best praise you received lately?

The word "awesome" that may not be counted

What can we wish you for the future?

My work is used in various events around the world!

Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!


Aucun commentaire: