Alan Forbes (US Version)

Alan Forbes (French Version - en cours)

Some artists take their time to answer the interview, and it is always a true good surprise to receive finally their answers. Alan Forbes is one of them, and I was really happy to receive his mail, not only because he did a fanbtastic work for one of my fav' band (The Black Crowes), but also because I consider him, to my opinion, as one of the most talented artist of his generation. Moreover, Alan is a real nice guy, and I take this opportunity to thanx him again for his time and answers


Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?

Right now I am listening to Terry Reid : River.fantastic album to work to as well as Joakim Skogsberg : Jola Rota another one I love to work to



Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

Alan Forbes.I was born in Connecticut here in the U.S

I think I have done over 500 posters as well as t shirt designs for various bands over the years.the past couple years have been my favorite so far as I have been able to do more of the music I am into.

Occasionally you do have to do something, you might not be into.I do however make sure to do as good a job on those as I would for music I'm way into.

It’s important to keep yourself in check and think you're not above anybody else and we as artists are very fortunate to be able to create for a living.not many people get this oppurtunity

Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences?

Since I did not go to art school I found that a lot of my influences come from a lot of the 60's poster artists especially Rick Griffin,Lee Conklin and Greg Irons.


Do you do everything by hand or on computer?

I do not use a computer and hand draw and hand letter everything.

For which band have you already worked for?

Some of my favorite posters are the ones I have done for the Black Crowes,Howlin Rain,Dead Meadow,Chris Robinson brotherhood and recently Black Mountain.


I am also looking forward to one I am working on for Buffalo Killers and one coming up for Graveyard.

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?

There is very much a group of peers whose work I really dig.right off the top I would say David D'Andrea and Arik Roper. There are more but the list would get real long...haha!


A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?

My work can be seen at secretserpents.com and very soon alanforbesart.com




Last question: Do you know anything about french rock posters scene ?

I have not seen a lot of the poster work coming out of France but would dig checking some of it out.




Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!
 
Hope this interview finds you all great and thanks!


Peace,Alan

Aucun commentaire: