Enrico Mazzone (It)

Enrico Mazzone (It)

Summertime has never been so close and, guess why, I thought it has been a while since I last introduced an artist from Italy to put a little bit of sunshine on the blog. Of course Drone, Sludge& Stoner rock are maybe not what you can call sunny music, but Enrico works is interesting enough to pass through this dilemna :) In order to feel like on holidays, just read the whole text "with the accent", close your eyes... your pastas are ready ;) Ciao bambinos !



Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?
 
After a daily shifting in a kitchen's doungeon in kreutzberg i m glad to come back in my place and let "In the Land of Grey &;v Pink " runs on my laptop. Caravan could always help you in those situations. Golf Girl right now

Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?
 
More thana dude, there's a lover, for that reason i ve been moved in Berlin from Norway. My shape turns into Enrico every morning. I m from Torino, and to prolonging my stayment here I'm cooking.
When did you start drawing?
 
i ve been started to draw since I was in the junior high school.. 4/5 years old
Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?
 
I deserved to be in my hometown Academy of fine Arts, in Turin, cause following a dear friend of mine i ve did other school trainship.But once again my parents suggest to me to don t be a fagget painter, so I ve been carried on the teatrical shits.And for that reason indeed takenotes about Pasolini i already made sketches for They Might Be Giants.
(off course more positive and fresh for my state of mind.
Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly?
 
Not regulary but it s still coming up a very nice year in which several issues are still checking out, so I almost prefer don t talk unofficially.
Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences?
 
Influences are always brought and take by both of the brain sides, so maybe everything was sorrounded me .. not artists but real life .. filtered by my glasses.Whatever on that times Vanja was a great discover.

Do you do everything by hand or on computer?
 
freehand for the sketches( chocks) then a pattern of colour with gimp. fuck photoshop ( and mac as well!) I prefer to do the most with my own hands.

How long does it take you to do a poster?
 
As replied back previously I like get into the things, so My mood could suggest to me how to do.. always shy and inattentive i finally get the right feedbacks, almostly at the end of a process,.. off course music could help me (Us).
You have a very distinctive style, are you doing only what you feel like or if tomorrow somebody asks you an oil painting with horses running out of water with a sunset backdrop, is it a problem or are you up for it ?
 
Ha! really funny question, cause actually I could do it for a owner's commission. Probably my Alibi (if not fittable for him-her) could be.. I m myop, so I eventually have my point of wiev in my own style. at least, both of them meanwhile
For which band have you already worked for?
 
Inferno XII, Svikt, few gigs ffor Karma to Burn and QOTSA ( firsy in Turin, 2nd in Stochkolm), Sunno)))
They Might Be Giants, again, and maybe stop to focusing to something more different then the inflacionated Drone, Sludge& Stoner rock. kula Shaker? Rentals? Elkstica.. oh they aren t already exist!
Do you choose the artists yourself?
 
Yes, it s quite difficult by now the contrary..

What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?
 
I guess anything, just the will to get the ass out of the chair and checkin out.. but anything is so impossible, since frank Zappa sang aloud Joe's Garage.

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else  ?
I really would like, but I m not into. to preppy, fluffy, unreal.. better alone by Yourself


A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we
see your work , on the web or in real life?

Real life is always better, even if we re already dreamers and utopystic. but, i don t yet have a website.. it could be better do as the scandinavians are able to do: want to meet me? yes, come to visit to my place and talk about it,.. I was guilty to booked a flight for 1 coffe to the Unit Delta Plus by Martin Kvamme. it was 2 winters before in Oslo.

The best praise you received lately?
 
Black Metal doesn t pay ( Martin Kvamme).. t was a funny sentence.. a bit of maphia dressed in black. the true was that, no money..he!

What can we wish you for the future?
To have a normal life taking advantage to my health. Stay definetly nice with Lisa, as it really seems ( hi sweetY)

Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!
Thank You for gave the chance to express &shared our wishes, we're all in the same nice filed trap. Vive le rock!

1 commentaire:

Unknown a dit…

I am impressed already by the few images designed by Enrico, even though I haven't mat him. It's not easy to go to hell and return. i am sure it'll be quiet an exhibit when it's ready.

Congratulations,

Frank Spezzano

The Pirandello Theatre Society Toronto, Canada
416 - 451-7737