Kaine Lv (China)

Photo courtesy of kaxiaoxi
Kaine Lv (China)

Following of our adventures in China, with Kaine Lv. Kaine is a nice young talented poster drawer and even if she is not silkscreening her poster ".... cos you know most of those poster are used for only once, and i am really too busy to do that ", she really deserve her space here as proof that Chinese poster scene is really rising, as we already seen it before. Welcome Kaine !!

Hello, can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

Hi, this is the very question bothers me a lot.... And the reason why I am saying that is only because I always get confused by those questions. Seems I should tell a good long story but.... I don't really know how. So ugh I am kaine and coming from shanghai. I'm working for split works as a graphic designer.


When did you start drawing? Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?


I started drawing quite early (4 or 5?), I don't mean those little kid's drawing but some really stuff. If you asked how I would say because I was/am so bored. And yea then I was majored in industrial design and printing design.


Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly? 

Apparently I am kinda only working for some independent music promoters and don't really have some collaboration with magazines....

Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences? 

Speaking of influences, I won't say that is from art or designs books or someone particular.... Sometimes I will say read more fashion magazines or poster collections but that's all bullshit.... You gotta have that feeling and you cannot really get it from a book or someone's quotation. I get it from a decent music environment, which I mean is, because I only do gig posters, I put myself into that music. hours or even longer. Ugh..... Well sometimes even a bit postrock or a weird dream could influence me a lot. I like dark side stuff. Like when people are making super hero dreams and coming up some really positive artworks I am making some UGLY stuff to destroy the whole world. Although I kinda like traditional asian stuff too. Maybe that's because I am an asian.

What are the principal steps in your work ? How long does it take you to do a poster? 

I should say that I am kinda casual, i don't really have some dead principles on work. 50% of my works are hand drawing and another half are computer works. It usually takes my two days to come up a poster because we are music agency and we have got music event coming one after another. I have to be productive, creative and full of energy:) well it also means i cannot choose someone i like to work for.

For which band have you already worked for?

I have worked for a dozen of bands by the end of today, like mogwai, trippple nippples, Ólafur Arnalds, the pains of being pure at heart and many of others i couldn't remember....

What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?

The most difficult thing I think is, well, if they have got toooo much text or logos to put on!

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?

I don't really know what you mean by a graphic scene, is that a group of designers hanging out together?

My question was do you know other people making gigposters in china ?

Ok ok, Yeah ! My boyfriend, i guess you already interviewed him, his name is Ivan Belcic
ugh... and let me see....Chairman Ca from Beijing and a friend of mine called Duo Duo

 A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?

I dont really have a website. I have a blog, kainelove.blogbus.com i upload my works there sometimes if i remember to do.... And also some other shit.... You can definitely see my work in real life, i have got plenty of them everywhere in my computer and office....

The best praise you received lately?

The most proud moment is when i see the huge rainbow banner hanging on beside the black rabbit main stage. And also when i see artist comments (especially when Jared leto said he thinks those works are awesome hahaha. I know maybe it is because he has to say that, but it  is still nice isn't it?)

 What can we wish you for the future?

Wish I could never stop making visual nightmares and sweethearts.

 Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!

Aucun commentaire: