José Varela (Venezuela)

José Varela (Venezuela)

Once again, I feel sorry for native spanish speakers as I decided to run the blog in english, some of the artists may feel a little bit frustrated of having to express themselves in a foreign language. I am thinking about asking them to fill the interview both in english and spanish but I guess it would be to much work for them and I dunnot feel like translating myself spanish interviews into english :/ If you read those lines, if you speak fluently both languages and have nothing better to do, drop me a line ;) Enough talks about my own little problems, and let's appreciate José Varela works !!

What we are we listening to, when we come to visit?

Now listen to Kula Shaker, George Harrison, ELO, Luis Alberto Spinetta, Charly

Can you tell us about yourself, who you are, where you are, how you doing?

I'm from a town called San Cristobal, Tachira State. But I live for 10 years in Caracas Venezuela. Working as an art director for advertising agencies and I am bassist in a band called "Those who pray"

When did you start drawing?

As a kid in school.

Did you follow a course or can be improved through the development of the margins of his books?

No, everything has been empirical.

Today you are living your art, or do something else for a living?

I work as art director for advertising, which is a more conventional

Are you working with magazines / fanzines, regularly?

Not yet.

Where does the influence come from? Are there any artists / graphic you particularly like, what are your influences?

I like to absorb everything I love in the world and now with the internet you can see the huge number of wonderful artists in the world, it seems incredible Dan McCarthy, Peter Max, among others

What are the main steps in your work?

Paper and pencil.

What to do everything by hand or computer?

First the pencil, then, if necessary, the computer.

How long does it take to make a poster?

Depends on the job from one day to one week.

You have a very particular style, is doing just what you feel like someone or am asked with an oil painting of horses running out of water with a backdrop of sunset, is a problem or you are to him ?

I'm no good for that, I think I can only do what I feel.

For the band has worked?

Those who pray, Letelier, the imaginary mushroom supreme.

For the band that you like to work?

Luis Alberto Spinetta.

How to choose the artists yourself?

Call me.

What is the hardest part in designing a poster?

The concept.

Do you think you are part of a "scene graph", if so who else?

I think not.

A little self-promotion, take advantage of it for free, where can we see your work on the web or in real life?

http://www.losquerezan.com/

https://www.coroflot.com/joseantonio?keywords=jose+antonio+varela&

The best compliment you received lately?

This interview.

What can we wish for the future?

More work.


Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!




Aucun commentaire: